Tool & Die (Experienced)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Set-up and operation milling machines, engine lathe, radial drills, jib bore, surface grinder, and numerous hand tools.
2. Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, modify, or repair existing tools for new or old jobs.
3. Select feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut, and tooling to be used.
4. Basic machinist skills and experience in the set up and operation of turning, milling, and grinding machines is essential.
5. Verification that finished work is in conformance, and may machine plastics or non-metal products on occasion.
6. Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
7. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
8. Performs inspection of machined products, and documents results, and completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
1. Technical Capacity
2. Initiative & Safety Conscious
3. Mathematical Skills
5. Time Management
6. Teamwork Orientation
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective Equipment Required
1. Safety glasses
2. Steel-toed shoes
3. Respirator or face-shield when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field
2. Two (2) years of factory/manufacturing experience with tool & die or similar equipment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.