Mechanical Design Engineer (Experienced)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs engineering assignments to design new or modify existing products to specification.
- Design solid and sheetmetal parts and assemblies using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software packages.
- Analyses designs with SolidWorks Simulation and SolidWorks Plastic
- Ensures that designs are manufacturable with the company’s current or planned manufacturing methods and equipment.
- Leads and helps in the manufacturing, assembly and testing of new products and prototypes.
- Ensures that new products comply with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Coordinates and works with electronics engineering, manufacturing engineering and drafters.
- Sources and selects components needed for products.
- Aids in the implementation of new or changed product in manufacturing.
- Learning Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and trip hazards. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is moderately active and may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, climbing and stepping on or over 2ft high objects all day. The employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Minimum travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3D Modeling experience
- 2D CAD drafting experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Solid Works and AutoCAD experience
- Experience in programming DriveWorks
- Experience in running SolidWorks Simulation
- Experience in running SolidWorks Plastics
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Experience in plastic parts and mold designs
- Experience in sheet metal design
- Experience in Microsoft Excel programming
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
US citizenship or Green Card is required. The company will not sponsor visa applications. F-1 or J-1 visa holders will not be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year