Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Will be responsible for unloading all incoming steel from flatbed trucks/trailer with overhead crane, as well as obtaining, transfer and positioning of material for cutting.
2. Verification of conformance to specifications by reading/using tape measure or other tools
3. Forklift operation or willing and able to be trained to safely operate a forklift
4. Must identify, store, stack, organize and stage product.
5. Mark required identification on work-piece.
6. Must be able to work from a pic list and determine priority of where parts are needed.
7. Replace defective cutting blade or wheel
8. Completes and maintains paperwork on materials
9. Other preventative maintenance as required.
10. Assists in other work areas as required, and applicable to skill set.
11. Upon request of the Supervisor, cross-training or training others/new-hires is mandatory in order to maintain a high level of proficiency and productivity. The supervisor will manage all training activity within each work center to ensure diverse skills are acquired.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Initiative & Safety Conscious
3. Mathematical Skills
4. Technical Capacity
5. Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective Equipment Required
1. Safety glasses
2. Steel-toed shoes
3. Respirator or face-shield when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours/week. Overtime and working Saturdays may be required based on work load.
Overall operator productivity rate must be a minimum of 83% for single machine operation. In the absence of any written disciplinary action, significant waste or other errors, sustaining a productivity rate of 83% for one year, allows increase to top pay rate. In addition to the operator’s current base rate $1.00/HR will be earned for productivity of 90% for a quarter or $2.00/HR at 95%. This is inclusive of managing time during machine breakdowns, rework, material handling, or other manufacturing obstacles.
Cross-training and operating other machines, or going off the clock with supervisor approval are options that can be utilized to maintain higher efficiency rates.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Two (2) years of factory/manufacturing experience with crane, forklift, or saw equipment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.86 - $13.17 per hour