Maintenance Technician + PLC
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Repairing and maintaining, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturers specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems and production machines using hand-tools, power tools and precision measuring and testing instruments. (Candidate must be strong in these areas.)
2. Observation of machinery in operation and listening to sounds to locate the cause of trouble.
3. Dismantling of machinery to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand-tools, and power tools.
4. Making periodic inspections of units and performing preventative maintenance, such as lubricating and cleaning parts.
5. Repairing or replacing defective parts, using hand-tools and power tools.
6. Inspection of electrical wiring, switches and controls for safe operating conditions, grounding and adjustment, following regulations and repair manuals.
7. Disassembles, adjusts, aligns and calibrates gages and meters.
8. Installs, dismantles, and moves machines, conveyors, and other equipment.
9. Constructing new facilities and remodels existing facilities, using knowledge of carpentry, electrical wiring, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, and painting following blueprints, work orders, and written and verbal specifications.
1. Technical Capacity.
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Results Driven.
6. Safety Oriented
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Protective Equipment Required
1. Safety glasses
2. Steel-toed shoes
3. Respirator or face-shield when necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
2. 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
2. Vacuum furnace, carpentry and 3-phase electrical experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must have own tools.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the United States
Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.91 to $21.12 per hour