Shipping & Receiving
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2. Initiative & Safety Conscious
3. Ethical and Team Oriented
4. Time Management
- This job is primarily working with loading and unloading supplies, but some stock room and administrative work may be required.
- Operates forklift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas in preparation for shipping or receiving.
- Operates PB crimp tools, including diagnosis, repair and processing.
- Operates stretch wrap equipment and banders.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Receives and processes all defective parts returned for replacement or credit.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping material on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Required to make pick-ups and deliveries to suppliers for pats and raw materials using a company vehicle.
- 1. Reading, writing and verbal communication.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Protective Equipment Required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Handling and exposure to various chemicals and solvents.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.,
40 hours per week.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
This position offers an attractive benefits package including group Medical Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, Flex Spending Account, Life Insurance, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, paid holidays, and many other benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
- Work Environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- Safety glasses
- Steel-toed shoes
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- None required for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of factory/manufacturing experience in shipping with similar equipment
- Forklift Certification is a plus
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Cardinal Scale Manufacturing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour